Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Here I Go Again

I know I haven't posted anything for a while, I'm beginning to run out of ideas!

First, some good news: I've been contacted by Dan Selzer of Acute Records (http://www.acuterecords.com/) saying that the Lines albums are about to be released on CD - hurrah! - and so for that reason I've removed the link and deleted the file from RS. Looking forward to those, Dan!

OK - today, an album that I really like, even though it's about as bland as you could possible get. Twiggy was, of course, the most famous model in the world in the 60s, but as she grew older and less twiglike she turned to singing for a while. This is her first 'real' album after that, from 1976(yes folks, I really did like Twiggy and Doctor Feelgood at the same time!). As I say, it's kinda bland but I like it that way sometimes. It's *good* bland, if you know what I mean.

TWIGGY - TWIGGY

1) Vanilla Olay
2) Good For You Too
3) Just Bidin' My Time
4) Pieces Of April
5) Appalachian Boy
6) Rain On The Roof
7) Here I Go Again
8) Vaudeville Man
9) Caravan Tonight
10) Done My Cryin' Time
11) Everything Comes In Time

http://rapidshare.com/files/11384527/Twiggy.zip

2 Comments:

Blogger Emil Thompson said...

hi there 'turntable' don't despair, can't believe you've anywhere near exhausted that vinyl goldmine yet.

what about a quick nod to spirogyra ? I know you can buy all their stuff but maybe a biog and a sample track or 2 non?

if you've done it already..ignore this post

best
rm

6:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm so bummed I missed the links to your Miracle Legion stuff. They were one of my favorite bands that never made it from the 80's.

If you ever repost anything, let me know! pawlr at yahoo dot com!

10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home