Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's Ladies' Day Today

Helen McCookerybook has contacted me to say that there's a compilation of her work available from Rough Trade at http://www.roughtrade.com/site/shop_detail.lasso?search_type=sku&sku=256585 - I don't know how much of the H&H album is on it so until I find out I'll leave the link up.

In the meantime, more prima iPod tracks.

Today I'll feature the ladies that make me stop whatever I'm doing to listen more carefully. Once again, all these tracks are available on album and I'd urge you to go and buy them if you like these samples. Every album mentioned is excellent.

  • Barbra Streisand - A Quiet Thing & There Won't Be Trumpets (outtake from Butterfly, 1974, included in Just For The Record compilation)
  • Francoise Hardy - Si Mi Caballero (from La Question, 1971)
  • Jack Off Jill - When I Am Queen (from Clear Hearts Grey Flowers, 2000)
  • Janis Ian - She Must Be Beautiful (from God And The FBI, 2000)
  • Laura Nyro - Beads Of Sweat (from Christmas And The Beads Of Sweat, 1970)
  • Nelly Furtado - Island of Wonder (from Folklore, 2003)
  • Sally Oldfield - Broken Mona Lisa (from Mirrors, 1982)
  • Shelagh McDonald - Mirage (from Album, 1970)
  • Siouxsie and the Banshees - Lullaby (from Tinderbox, 1987)
  • Sonic Youth - Tunic (from Goo, 1990)
  • Pentangle - Hunting Song (from Basket Of Light, 1969)
  • The Seekers - Georgy Girl (from The Seekers Greatest Hits, 1966)
  • Throwing Muses - Tar Moochers (from Shark, 1996)

http://rapidshare.com/files/8636159/iPod_prima_2.zip

2 Comments:

Blogger J Thyme...kind said...

Yea, I'm kinda into girl singers too.

4:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This link is down : (

3:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home