Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Say, What *Are* You People Listening To?

First, a little quickie. When the Pistols 'Biggest Blow' single came out (the one with Ronnie Biggs), the first few 12 copies had a 'hidden' extra - a taped interview with the lads & the train robber tacked on to the end of side one. I happen to have a copy. Here's the interview.

I also have an original 'Spiral Scratch' - but I don't have any EMI or A&M pistols singles. Never mind, eh?

Anyway, I thort you mite be intersted to kno (sorry, seem to have been infected by the spirit of Nigel Molesworth there... on the other hand, maybe the spirit was this bottle of Bells next to me...) how the download chart stands at the moment.

According to Rapidshare, here are my top ten posts:

10) We Hate You South African Bastards - Microdisney (309 downloads)
09) Come Out Fighting, Ghengis Smith - Roy Harper (314)
08) Rocking Duck - Grimms (318)
07) Everybody Is Fantastic - Microdisney (345)
06) Grimms - Grimms (349)
05) Rutland Weekend Television - Neil Innes & Eric Idle (372)
04) Twiggy - Twiggy (378)
03) The Clock Comes Down The Stairs - Microdisney (389)
02) Bright Phoebus - Lal & Mike Waterson (420)
01) Skyboat - Mac Gayden (484)

Umm - no comment. Have you?

...still looking for eire apparent...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your site the other day so I haven't had much time to look around yet. But thought I'd kick my adventure off with your favorite bland album - Twiggy!

Thanks for sharing.

9:20 pm  
Blogger ge said...

re 'eire a': you need the cd?
-could send ya a burn...

6:24 pm  
Blogger Witchseason said...

Yes please - email me at bodgerb@btinternet.com & I'll give you my address. Would really appreciate that, thanks.
J.

7:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought i was the only one to know skyboat until i came here-amazing !

2:20 pm  
Blogger Private Beach said...

If you or anyone could post the one and only, never-reissued-on-CD, goes-for-40-or-50-quid-on-eBay, album by Alasdair Clayre, I'd be very grateful.

3:26 am  
Blogger Eiffel said...

I hate RapidShare!

Eiffel

4:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wot, global village trucking company didn't make the top ten???

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a few of your items over the past few weeks and it's about time I thanked you, especially for Area Code 615 and Joanna Carlin / Melanie Harrold. As a Stackridge fan yourself, you'll no doubt be aware that it is she (or them) who duet so beautifully with Mutter on "The Slater's Waltz" from "Mr. Mick."
Oh, and by the way, I downloaded Twiggy too...

2:52 pm  
Blogger Gumby said...

A thank you for the Pistols "interview". Shame that it was cut short, we probably missed out on much fun listening. And an even bigger thank you for "Rutland Weekend Television", it's one of the best comedy albums I've heard.

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home