Friday, January 25, 2008

Laminated With Clarifoil

Remember that?

Used to be the proud boast on all those albums with glossy fronts and - normally - matt backs. And remember 'Red - Mono, Blue - Stereo'? On Decca albums with the little hole in the top right back cover so you could see the inner sleeve? Oh, my, how time flies...

Anyway I was reminded of both of these when I decided to rip my copy of the original Joseph album.

Make no mistake, this is a *good* album. Not a *great* album, like Jesus Christ Superstar is (no arguments, it's one of my top ten albums *ever*), but a very good album like the original Evita is once you edit out all the silly recitative-type bits.

I sang and played drums in a production of Joseph with the London Boy Singers under Jonathon Steele (any bells ringing anywhere, or am I off on my own here?). But not this one - though LBS did some vocals on the Superstar album, again without me :-(

Forget Philip Schofield and Jason Donovan, forget everything Rice & Lloyd Webber did afterwards (except the Scaffs album), just open your ears and listen to some nice pop from 1969. Um - the album is credited to 'The Joseph Consortium', the lead singer was David Daltrey (lead singer of a group called Tales Of Justine and *possibly* Roger's younger brother) and the backing group was 'The Mixed Bag'. No idea what happened to them. Probably nothing.

Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (1969)

http://rapidshare.com/files/86463443/Joseph.zip

6 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Bell Otus said...

Hello Witchseason,
I found your blog yesterday and I am amazed and without words to convey to you how happy I am.
For the first time in my life, I met someone who also has the Grimms selftitled album as I.

I'am now exploring your blog and I wanna thank you immensely the opportunity to share anything so beautiful, like your vinyl collection.

Thanks mate

Best regards from Azores Islands

8:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, i was wondering if you could PLEASE reup your MIRCALE LEGION DEMOS & LIVE links. i'm totally interested to hear those. thanks and great blog*

10:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, i found that you did reup the miracle legion a while back. thanks anyways***

8:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the site - great stuff! Any chance you can upload the album by SAVAGE PROGRESS? Impossible to find... there was some cool bass playing on that album...

9:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your site, and it seems wonderful! I got here looking for General Humbert with Mary Black. My father's been wishing for a copy of Bold Princess Royal sung by her for more than 20 years, after hearing it on the radio. I've come to beg you please please repost it? I've been trying to find to this album for him for ages but it seems to have fallen off the map. You would make us both so very happy.

5:54 am  
Blogger szturmfohiel said...

Unfortunately I have seen this posting in your blog just today. The file from "rapidshare" is deleted. Could you please reload the file?
Thanks in advance!

11:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home