Wednesday, May 09, 2007

(re-)Ups-A-Daisy

OK, I find myself with a free day and an Inbox full of requests for me to repost things that I uploaded to my old rapidshare.de account and which have now been deleted from there.

Some of the albums that I uploaded then have since been released on CD - the Dory Previn and Stackridge ones, for example - and so I won't be re-upping them, others are just too obscure and nobody downloaded them the first time round anyway.

But here are a few of the more often requested albums, along with some that *I* want to repost because they're fab. Go see the original posts for my comments and others' follow-ups.

Area Code 615 - Area Code 615 & Trip To The Country (1969 & 1970)

(Originally posted in October 2006 – see Better Than A Medicine For Healing)

Bandoggs - Bandoggs (1978)

(Originally posted in June 2006 - see When I Was A Freeport And You Were A Folk-Rock Supergroup)

Byzantium - Byzantium, Seasons Changing & Live And Studio (1972 & 1973)

(Originally posted in June 2006 – see Byzantium Were Unable To Appear Owing To A Power Cut and OK, Here’s The Second And Third Albums)

Flo & Eddie - Illegal, Immoral And Fattening (1974)

(Originally posted in October 2006 – see Five Corpulent Porpoises)

Global Village Trucking Company – Global Village Trucking Company & Live At Dingwalls (1973 & 1976)

(Originally posted in June 2009 – see The Smiling Revolution)

Laura Nyro – Smile, Seasons Of Lights (complete) and Mothers Spiritual (1976, 1977, 1984)

(Originally posted in June 2006 - see When I Was A Freeport And You Were A Folk-Rock Supergroup)

Lamb - Cross Between (1971)

(Originally posted in June 2006 – see Sometimes I Feel I've Got To Slow My Head Down)

NB – I’m hoping to receive the other two albums from a very helpful guy in the States – when I do I’ll post them here.

Longdancer – If It Were So Simple & Trailer For A Good Life (1973 & 1974)

(Originally posted in June 2006 – see Take A Man Who Only Knows The Good Time Scene)

Mac Gayden - Skyboat & Hymn To The Seeker (1976)

(Originally posted in October 2006 – see Better Than A Medicine For Healing)

Way Of The West - The Complete Singles (1980-1984)

(Originally posted in September 2006 – see One Time, One Life)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the re-posts. Thanks especially for the Longdancer's. I've had rather ravaged cassette versions but to have nicer versions is a real plus.
I was wondering, talking about George Harrison connected groups, whether you have ever come across a version of the album by Lon & Derrek van Eaton. Only heard it once and have not seen it at all for a couple of decades

9:41 am  
Blogger H2GMusic said...

Beaucoup thanks for helpnig me (all of us!) fill in the missing Laura Nyro pieces. How about a repost of NESTED?

11:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mac Gayden made some solo albums after leaving Area Code 615, these are the 2nd and 3rd. They're great, full of lovely guitar work and soulful songs. THIS IS A COPY OF THE COMMENT ON THE BLOG: BETTER THAN A MEDICINE....The links of both albums are deleted. Perhaps you have these rare gems in your files and you can reup them.
Regards.
josevaty@latinmail.com.
from Pinto. Spain.

11:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah !!! the links go !!! (Mac Gayden)
Thank You Very Much. and Be alert ! in your turntable!!!
Muchas Gracias desde Pinto. Spain
josevaty.

5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for sharing great music -esp laura nyro. Interesting that people forget that it's a service you provide...not something they can demand!
Cheers, Trampsterdave

10:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep missing Seasons of Light by Laura Nyro, if anyone could repost a link I'd be very grateful! With thanks, David

7:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the MArc GAyden second album. I´ve know the two Area Code, but not the gayden solo albums,
regards

Salud,
Jenaclap

1:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you reup the Season Of Lights album?

12:46 am  
Blogger iantuition. said...

I would also like to ask that Season of Lights be reupped...

7:51 pm  
Anonymous ars said...

thank, Mac Gayden is the best, you do not have the barefoot jerry, have?

11:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home