Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I Am A Young Fellow - well I *was*...

Down below, in my Longdancer post, I mentioned that I played with a folk-rock band called Crannog. Well, after I left they recorded an album and a single - middling-to-good MOR folk/country/rock with a distinct Irish bent.

Kevin McCabe - vocals, guitar, mandolin
Maureen Carter - vocals, guitar
Barry Wickens - violin, guitar, mandolin, vocals
Brian Harrison - bass guitar, vocals
Bob Critchley - drums

The band borrowed heavily from Planxty, Bothy Band, the usual suspects including General Humber (Mo sang Bogey's Bonnie Belle - I suspect Robin Dransfield learned it from her - and I sang Martin accapella).

Kevin is a builder.
Maureen got religion.
Barry joined Cockney Rebel and still tours with them.
Brian - I think - went off to work with Dave Stewart.
Bob was in the National Theatre Of Brent for a while.

Crannog - Crannog

http://rapidshare.de/files/37187535/crannog.zip

A quick thankyou & cross-reference

Following my Area Code 615 and Mac Gayden posts I was contacted by Cal Harmony who runs a few excellent blogs. He has links to a couple of Barefoot Jerry albums over at Cals Country Corner - if you download, tell him Witchseason sent ya.

http://calscountrycorner.blogspot.com/2006/10/areacode-barefoot-jerry.html

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love barefoot jerry, area code and mac gaydens work...to answer a question futher down. mac gayden, who is on the first barefoots album sothern delight put out a new album in 95 called nirvana blues and is current in zenophonic along side his son and daughter
mick dillingham

6:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The web link doesn't exist now ... :-(. Thank ypu for your good posts. Good start ;-)

10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant find barefoot jerry music anywhere :(

7:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Crannog well. Around the time they released the album I worked the door for them at the Half Moon in Putney.

Happy days.......

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home