Friday, September 28, 2007

(a child is dying and...) There's Nothing I Can Do

Hello!

Sorry it's been so long, truth is I had a catastrophic hard disk failure a few weeks ago and lost all my ripped vinyl. I hadn't bothered backing it up, thinking a) they're big WAV files before I clean them up and b) I can always rip them again. Well, yeah, but... it would (will) take me a long time.

I sent my disk off to a data recovery place but now, three weeks later, I still haven't heard anything other than a receipt for the hardware and so I have to assume they're all gone.

BOLLOCKS.

So, over the next few weeks/months, I'm going to get my turntable down from the loft and start re-ripping all the stuff Id intended to post - can't even remember what was there :-(

The only rips I still have are Pumpkinhead's debut album, Midnight Well's debut album (both featuring Thom Moore - is that the same guy that I'm going to see tonight at The Albert Hall with Joanna Newsom & Roy Harper?) and Lene Lovich's third album (No Man's Land). Watch out for them soon.

In the meantime, here's an album that I 'ripped' many years ago, before ripping came to mean what it means now.

I had a friend - Where are you now, Sarah Griffin? - who was a friend of Jimmy Cauty (KLF, JAMs, Timelords, etc.) and when she got married she held the wedding reception in the grounds of his house in Brixton. He was away at the time, but while I was mooching around the kitchen I came across a vinyl copy of the unreleased (and very rare) 1987 album lying on a table. I checked with Sarah wheter it would be OK to borrow it, then took it home and taped it (using my Walkman Pro, metal tape, and Dolby C NR) - then gave it back to Sarah.

It's become something of a cause celebre over the years, and I know that you can download the tracks individually from various places on the Web, but this is a rip from the original vinyl. And not just any vinyl, Jimmy Cauty's own copy - so ner ner ner.

I haven't split it into individual tracks, you can do that if you want. IMO it works just great as a whole album - or you can search and download the individual tracks.

The JAMs (aka KLF) - 1987 (What The Fuck's Going On?)

Side One:

01 - Hey Hey We Are Not The Monkees (100 BPM) - 6:00
02 - Mind the Gap - 1:02
03 - Don't Take Five (Take What You Want) (89 BPM) - 3:59
04 - Rockman Rock Parts 2 and 3 (105 BPM) - 6:29
05 - Why Did You Throw Away Your Giro? - 0:20

Side Two:

01 - Me Ru Con (0 BPM) - 2:23
02 - The Queen and I (99 BPM) - 4:43
03 - Top of the Pops - 2:51
04 - All You Need Is Love (106 BPM) - 4:55
05 - Next (100 BPM) - 7:15

http://rapidshare.com/files/58831756/The_KLF_-_1987__entire_album_-_vinyl_.zip

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey good to see you up and running again
i have no idea what this aibum is about, but knowing you it's going to be worth a listen.
thanks in advance...
taro nombei

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So..how was Albert the other night?
E

7:31 pm  
Blogger Witchseason said...

Albert was fab - Joanna Newsom was stunning, Roy Harper was - well, he was Roy Harper (and you like hime or you don't I guess - personally I lost interest after bullinamingvase) but he played STORMCOCK! From top to bottom! Never thought I'd hear that.

The Moore Brothers were sh*te - like Simon & Garfunkel without the songs, the voices, the harmonies or the personality.

7:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post (and its his/tory :))
-rbrt

8:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the hard drive catastrophe. Any chance of posting those two Thom Moore albums?

4:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The music world could do with the return of KLF/Jams/Timelords/Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu, a lot of 'f*cking f*ckers' around these days - cheers for this one!!

12:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a new album?

Blacksmoke - the future Sound of Mu Mu (2007 What the fuck's now going on ?)

CD1:
01. Waldo's Hawaiian Holiday (A Texas Tale Of Treason)
02. Armed Love ((International) Noise Conspiracy)
03. Cosy Prison (A-Ha)
04. We Used To Be Friends (Dandy Warhols)
05. Hannah Have A Guinness (Prada Meinhof)
06. Died For A Day (Les Six)
07. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo (Bloodhound Gang)
08. RnB (Goldie Lookin Chain)
09. Shh...Put The Shiv To My Throat (Gay For Johnny Depp)
10. Mannequin (Cradle Of Filth)
11. Waldo's Hawaiian Holiday (A Texas Tale Of Treason)(Smog Remix)
12. Gimpo Gimpo (FvM)
13. USA USA
14. Blacksmoke Rising (PTM Mix)
15. Fuck The Fucking Fuckers
16. My Fucking Heart Will Go On
17. Gimpo Gimpo (Kompressor Radio Edit)
18. Silent Night (BBC Session Mix)
CD2:
01. Silent Night
02. I'm Dreaming Of A Black Xmas
03. Fear No Evil
04. BBC Radio 1 Session
05. Gimpo's M25 25 Hour Spin 2005
06. Fuck The Fucking Fuckers (EP)
07. Herbie (Fully Loaded Remix)
08. Herbie Vs Nascar
Extra:
Blacksmoke Rising (Frater Plecticus's Power Of Nightmares Remix)

download for free and without password

BSO911DCD.zip

OR

BSO911DCD.part1of3.rar
BSO911DCD.part2of3.rar
BSO911DCD.part3of3.rar

8:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a new album?

Blacksmoke - the future Sound of Mu Mu (2007 What the fuck's now going on ?)

CD1:
01. Waldo's Hawaiian Holiday (A Texas Tale Of Treason)
02. Armed Love ((International) Noise Conspiracy)
03. Cosy Prison (A-Ha)
04. We Used To Be Friends (Dandy Warhols)
05. Hannah Have A Guinness (Prada Meinhof)
06. Died For A Day (Les Six)
07. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo (Bloodhound Gang)
08. RnB (Goldie Lookin Chain)
09. Shh...Put The Shiv To My Throat (Gay For Johnny Depp)
10. Mannequin (Cradle Of Filth)
11. Waldo's Hawaiian Holiday (A Texas Tale Of Treason)(Smog Remix)
12. Gimpo Gimpo (FvM)
13. USA USA
14. Blacksmoke Rising (PTM Mix)
15. Fuck The Fucking Fuckers
16. My Fucking Heart Will Go On
17. Gimpo Gimpo (Kompressor Radio Edit)
18. Silent Night (BBC Session Mix)
CD2:
01. Silent Night
02. I'm Dreaming Of A Black Xmas
03. Fear No Evil
04. BBC Radio 1 Session
05. Gimpo's M25 25 Hour Spin 2005
06. Fuck The Fucking Fuckers (EP)
07. Herbie (Fully Loaded Remix)
08. Herbie Vs Nascar
Extra:
Blacksmoke Rising (Frater Plecticus's Power Of Nightmares Remix)

download for free and without password

BSO911DCD.zip

OR

BSO911DCD.part1of3.rar
BSO911DCD.part2of3.rar
BSO911DCD.part3of3.rar

8:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent half my life in strip clubs and titty bars in the early 90's. The music sucked. the girls hated the guys and the cops circle like vampires hearing 3AM/what time? Last Train for me was like Brian Wilson hearing Be My Baby. God was in the house It was like getting kicked in the head by God - the total reductio- the last moment- omega point - that which beyond there is nothing- a lot of art is removing the jive and they sho did that good nuff so thanx

8:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was released, but it was deleted and recalled the next day, hence the rarity. Original copies have a white sleeve.

11:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya. I remember Sarah Griffin.
and i hung out at the benio too.
great times. thanks for the rip.

1:39 am  
Blogger DJTernura said...

//Woooow tnx for the tunes man, KLF!!!, if u want someone's others 80-90's (Bomb the bass (Tim Simenon) I make upload. Uh! yeah!
\0/

Kraftwinder@gmail.com

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home