Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Been away, now I'm back

Hiya

Sorry - I've been on holiday for a few weeks in Italy & so haven't uploaded anything for a while or responded to any comments. Sorry? Who am I kidding - I've been in Italy fer chrissakes!

Today's upload is the only album by Eg and Alice - thanks to my old mate Emil Thompson for the vinyl rip.

Coming soon to this blog (maybe - depends if I can find the vinyl): Dealing With The Dead by Plan 9, a band that features no fewer than five guitarists including the wonderfully named Eric Stumpo, Degenerates & Enflame by The Passage, Sunset Glow by Julie Tippets, a couple of unavailable Dory Previn albums, a couple of early Ian Matthews for the person who name checked him in the Robin Dransfield comments, maybe some Microdisney and Stackridge, and so on. I'm facing redundancy soon so there may be even more time for ripping and uploading!

Thanks for all the nice comments, it does my little heart good to know people are actually downloading these albums. - Sorry, anonymous, no marc brierly or meic stevens records. - Reimer, the RTV album is exactly as it is on the vinyl. I don't know a song called "He's the star of the blue-movies" but I do have Neil Innes' first 4 albums on vinyl so maybe some of them will come too. - Kevin & Karel, the 3rd Home album is the only one I still have on vinyl apart from The Alchemist, which I don't like particularly and is up in my loft where it's likely to stay, sorry.

Eg and Alice - Twenty Four Years Of Hunger

01 - Rockets
02 - In A Cold Way
03 - Mystery Man
04 - And I Have Seen Myself
05 - So High, So Low
06 - New Year's Eve
07 - Indian
08 - Doesn't Mean That Much To Me
09 - Crosstown
10 - IOU

http://rapidshare.de/files/30361231/Eg_and_Alice.zip

6 Comments:

Blogger Emil Thompson said...

great choice...great album...dare I say my favourite of all time!?.

Try reading the reviews on amazon.co.uk..a much loved recording that is the soundtrack of quite a few lives (of the lucky few that are in the know at least).

by the way some sources say this was released in 95 but I had this on tape in 88.

Eg's solo album is also a fine record, not as great as this one tho, and incidently Alice Temple did a standout track on the first UNKLE album well worth a listen. Finally it was rumoured that Alice had done a solo album a few years ago, and i think it was finished but never released, i have seen track listings but it is impossible to find or get info about it apart from the fact that the US branch of V2 records was dealing with it.
If anyone can shed light on it PLEASE let me know..

best rm

12:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would it still be possible to request for a re-upload of this album? I'm really curious to hear why this album gets such rave reviews from every posting about this group.

Regards,
Nomi

1:27 pm  
Blogger Witchseason said...

Sure. On its way - check back in an hour or so.

1:31 pm  
Blogger Witchseason said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/126303729/EgAlice.zip

2:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the quick re-upload, rm! I've already made a run through of the songs and I'm particularly fond of "Rockets".

Nomi =>

PS. Just noticed "New Year's Eve" segues to "Indian" as one file. So the titles for the songs after it got moved one up that "I Wish" seemed missing.

7:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You SO Much! Me and my mother have been trying to find this brilliant album for two days!

2:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home