Tuesday, August 29, 2006

If I Hadn't Made A Left Hand Turn

Apparently Warner Brothers have no intention of releasing either of these albums on CD so I don't feel bad about posting them here. They're not her best albums, in my opinion, so if you like Dory Previn I suggest you hop over to Amazon and buy Mythical Kings and On My Way To Where (if you haven't got them already), for a start.

But these will do to give you a taste of what she's like, and will (I hope) satisfy the members of the Yahoo DP group who haven't heard them.

Dory Previn - Dory Previn

01 - Lover Lover Be My Cover
02 - Coldwater Canyon
03 - Atlantis
04 - Mama Mama Comfort Me
05 - Brando
06 - New Rooms
07 - The Emperor Of China
08 - The Obscene Phone Call
09 - The Crooked Christmas Star '73
10 - Did Jesus Have A Baby Sister

http://rapidshare.de/files/31182139/dp.zip.html

Dory Previn - We're Children Of Coincidence And Harpo Marx

01 - Children Of Coincidence
02 - I Wake Up Slow
03 - Woman Soul
04 - The Comedian
05 - Fours
06 - So Much Trouble
07 - Wild Roses (Love Song To The Monster)
08 - How'm I Gonna Keep Myself Together
09 - The Owl And The Pussycat

http://rapidshare.de/files/31182137/childen.zip.html

5 Comments:

Blogger Donno said...

Just discovered your blog today and what a wonderful find it is!! Not one but two albums right at the very top of my wants list. Miacle Legion's Surprise, what a brilliant album that is, almost perfect, and not only that but Backyard, Demos and Live, great stuff. And Home's second and by far best album - saw them live at Leeds in 72 ans bought the album as soon as I could. So much great stuff on your blog that I'm afraid I've become a downloading fool but I will try to leave comments as I work my way through listening to them - you even have Eg & Alice, now how obscure is that, and I love that album too.
Thanks very much for making my day, no, make that my week!!
Cheers
Donno

3:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you re-post Children of coincidence?

Thanks a lot!

12:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you could repost "Dory Previn?" It's impossible to find! Thanks.

7:54 am  
Blogger Witchseason said...

Dear, sweet anonymous - I wish you'd check the obvious places before requesting reposts. Dory Previn is available from Amazon - see HERE

9:17 am  
Blogger kevin88 said...

The CD release of Children of Coincidence is at a noticeably different speed than the vinyl, distorting the sound markedly. A repost of a vinyl rip would be useful given that the CD is inadequate.

1:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home