Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My hands are shaking, don't you love me any more?

@kristinhersh tweeted (tweeted? Twote? Twit? Twat) that it's been 25 years since 'The Letter'. What a heartbreaker *that* was.

As far as I know, all the Throwing Muses and Kristin Hersh stuff is available on CD apart from one track (the extended 'Soul Soldier') that was on the vinyl version of The Fat Skier but never made it to CD. I also have some live recordings from the radio of a 1993 show in Glasgow where KH did four songs solos and then the band did five.

So today is happy birthday Letter and here's some old songs from a long time back. And 'The Letter' for good measure, in case you don't know it.

By the way, if anyone wants to follow me on Twitter I'm @W1tchseason.

Kristin Hersh & Throwing Muses tracks...

...for the 25th Anniversary of 'The Letter'

Throwing Muses - Soul Soldier (extended version from The Fat Skier)
Kristin Hersh – The Letter (from Hips And Makers)
Kristin Hersh live in Glasgow 1993 - 01 - Sundrops
Kristin Hersh live in Glasgow 1993 - 02 - Houdini Blues
Kristin Hersh live in Glasgow 1993 - 03 - Me And My Charms
Kristin Hersh live in Glasgow 1993 - 04 - Your Ghost
Throwing Muses live in Glasgow 1993 - 01 - Furious
Throwing Muses live in Glasgow 1993 - 02 - Counting Backwards
Throwing Muses live in Glasgow 1993 - 03 - Mania
Throwing Muses live in Glasgow 1993 - 04 - Bea
Throwing Muses live in Glasgow 1993 - 05 - Pearl

Download from Rapidshare

3 Comments:

Blogger maready said...

Thank you very much for this nice post of one of my all-time favorite guitarist and singers. I also wanted to warn (!) you that I have listed your blog on my own blog list --- there is no overlap between the music we post except that we do the major portion of it from our own LP collection and turntable and stay away from in-print CDs.

I first stumbled upon your treasure trove when dying to hear Microsdisney's 'Clock comes down he stairs', which I must have listened to twice a day for a year after it came out but hadn't heard for decades. Keep up the good work!

(and please do let me know if you'd rather not be listed at http://highponytail.blogspot.com/)

7:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Throwing Muses in 1987 at their Chains Changed record release party. The Pixies opened for them. :) I still have a nice vinyl copy of their first LP. It was a great show, and the music has really stood the test of time. Thanks for sharing this.

3:03 pm  
Anonymous Inneresting said...

Have you checked out Kristin's 'Cash Music' project? Some great songs and fascinating writings about each song.
http://kristinhersh.cashmusic.org/

8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home