Monday, April 23, 2007

Been In A Daze For Days

According to the sleeve notes it's the soundtrack to a play bit I don't think that's true, I think it's just assorted demos, one-off tracks & singles by a bunch of artists who were 'signed' to Zoo in 1977-1981. I think I'm right in saying that Whopper is Julian Cope, and Big In Japan featured Holly Johnson.

To The Shores Of Lake Placid - Various Artists (1982)

01 - Society For Cutting Up Men (Big In Japan)
02 - Iggy Pop's Jacket (Those Naughty Lumps)
03 - When I Dream (The Teardrop Explodes)
04 - Pictures On My Wall (Echo And The Bunnymen)
05 - Read It In Books (Echo And The Bunnymen)
06 - Lonely Spy (Lori And The Chameleons)
07 - The Winds (The Turquoise Swimming Pools)
08 - Kwalo Klobinsky's Lullaby (Whopper)
09 - A Suicide (Dalek I Love You)
10 - Burst Balloons (The Turquoise Swimming Pools)
11 - Lonely Spy reprise (Lori And The Chameleons)
12 - Camera Camera (The Teardrop Explodes)
13 - Suicide A Go Go (Big In Japan)
14 - Villiers Terrace (Echo And The Bunnymen)
15 - Take A Chance (The Teardrop Explodes)

http://rapidshare.com/files/27484598/Placid.zip

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, there's a bunch of rarities for you. Havent heard any Julian cope or Big In Japan in ages. Thanks large for the post.

8:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two copies of this. Never heard it (no turntable). Thanks for putting it up!

12:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julian Cope was member of the Teardrop Explodes, but who knows, maybe Whopper was a side project of his...

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been offline since I discovered the Dalek I LP - thanks very very glad for this! I have the LP but haven't heard most tracks in ages.

1:16 am  
Blogger ROOKSBY said...

Just so's you know, Whopper were apparently The Teardrop Explodes' parellel world equivilent, fronted by Cope's shortlived alter ego Kevin Stapleton. ClubZoo was pretty psychedelic at this point I gather...!

7:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great little compilation , thanks for putting this up!

1:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For years (eons, even) I've been hoping to find this compilation -- specifically for the song by Turquoise Swimming Pools...As far as I know, a lot of this stuff is Teardrop-related: Dalek I Love You, The Chameleons (not those ones), Whopper...all are variations on Balfe and Drummond works (if you don't believe me, listen to the horns and guitar on Kwalo Klobinsky's Lullaby, which is a reworking of Sleeping Gas).

So...thanks muchly!

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home